Friday, July 5, 2013

Double Duty

Well, today was my first Friday doing Focus T25. One of the biggest lures of T25 is the ability to get a good workout in only 25 minutes a day, five days a week. Well, Fridays go against the grain...Fridays are double duty! You do two 25 minute workouts to finish out your workout week. I was NOT looking forward to today. I started with Lower Body Focus, which I had not done yet, then moved to Cardio. Lots of Cardio is lower body work and a few of the moves were repeated, so I was spent by the time I finished. I did it at about 9:30 this morning and I was glad that I got it done early. I have the Stretching DVD to do on Sunday, but no actual workout to do until Monday!

Yesterday, I felt sure that my abs would be sore today...but they actually weren't very sore. They were tight, but not actually sore, although I'm sure it will kick in tomorrow!

So far, I really am enjoying this program. I'll do this set of DVDs three more weeks before moving up to the "Beta." Next week is my last week of "freedom" before volleyball practice starts back every morning. This year I am coaching at my high school alma mater, and I am really excited to work with these older girls (although I enjoyed middle school last year). I try to do some of the conditioning with them, just to give them some added motivation,  so I'll be getting some extra workouts in. Most of their workouts consist of INSANITY circuits, ands they actually really enjoy it!

I'll do my best to keep you guys posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment