Monday, January 6, 2014

And we have officially started!!

Well, today marks Day 1 in our T25 journey! I'm super excited to start this process, and I always love doing these workouts with my husband beside me! 

I've done a brief synopsis of the T25 program in previous posts, but in case you are new....
T25 was created by Shaun T, who is also the creator of INSANITY. Brandon and I have both had amazing results with INSANITY, and have completed it twice (once a year). No, we are not health nuts, or gym rats (although we both were back in the day)...we are just normal people with full time jobs and an (almost) four year old. We loved INSANITY, but when Shaun T came out with a 25 minute a day workout, I jumped all over it! I ordered it the day it came out (which was in June, see previous posts). I started it, and got 2 weeks under my belt before I allowed my life to convince me that I didn't have time. Looking back, there was absolutely no reason for me to not complete it. I like to say that I got busy coaching volleyball and getting ready for school to start, which are viable excuses to anyone who wants to make an excuse. Being honest, I had plenty of time to get it done...I just didn't use the time that I had available. It was also harder to stay with it because my husband was not doing it with me. He's a good accountability partner!

The first year we did INSANITY, we didn't follow the provided dietary plan, but we ate very healthy. By the time it was all said and done, I ended up losing almost 30 pounds (and I needed to). I was ECSTATIC! Last year, we watched what we ate, but weren't nearly as vigilant. I think I had only gained 7 pounds back in the year, so I wasn't too concerned with losing weight, just wanted to tone up. I had amazing results again and was more toned up then I had been since college (back in the gym rat days)! I can't say enough good things about INSANITY and I hope that T25 lives up to the hype!

So, here we are, Jan 6th, and we're ready to get back in shape! I LOVE that it is only 25 minutes, and I really do feel worn out, so we'll see how good the results are in the end. We are both going to really watch what we eat this time, in order to have the best results possible. Today was brutal! Today was supposed to be our first day back to school for the faculty, but due to single digit temps following the monsoon we had yesterday, they callled in a snow day! I will always welcome a snow day, but I hadn't gone to the store yet, and it was WAY too cold to get out today, so we just had to make do with what we had. I munched on whole grain goldfish (that's gotta be better, right?), and had our only can of soup for lunch. Dinner was decent, we had baked chicken breasts with rice pilaf...I know, carbs in the pilaf, but I was desperate for a side item! I have my grocery list ready for a morning trip to the store, and it is loaded with healthy everything! I am actuallly kinda excited about the healthy eating...I am sure that willl be short lived, but I'll live it up while I can!

So on to the workout...T25 is only 25 minutes, but he gives you NO break time! If you feel like you can't go anymore, you do the modified move that Tania does (Tania is in ALL of his videos). It's kinda hard to program your body to do the modified move instead of putting your hands on your knees and breathing for dear life! I had to do a few modified moves today out of exhaustion, but it wasn't too bad for my first day. I definitely felt it in my calves and my bootay! CAN'T WAIT TO GET BACK IN SHAPE!!!

So, I feel like I have to set a goal for my progress, so here we go...
I want to lose 6 pounds.
I would like to lose an inch and a half off of my waist and two from my butt.
I want to have my muscles back (I know that one will definitely be taken care of).

So, here goes nothing! Thanks for following me along this path!


No comments:

Post a Comment