Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"I'm shopping for a size 8....right?!"

The first week "off" of INSANITY has been odd. We've worked out every other day...which is almost more difficult to keep up. When we were doing it everyday, it was easy to make it happen...when it's every other day...things come up that make you want to postpone it to the next day. Like today, some friends of ours wanted to grill out. I was great with that! The hubs, on the other hand, said, "No, we have INSANITY tonight!" I was cool with putting it off until tomorrow, but I was glad that he insisted on doing it tonight. I don't want to slack off at all...and I probably would without realizing it if it wasn't for him!

After fussing to my husband about how I have NO pants that fit...I went shopping today! I knew that I had a couple of pair of 8's that I was wearing (as mentioned previously), but I had not purchased a size 8. In the back of my head, I thought maybe the ones that I already owned had stretched with me as I gained weight back then. So, I was very interested to see what size I would wear when I shopped for new pants this time.

In order to avoid the food temptations of an all day shopping fest, I cooked breakfast for the shopping buddy and myself. The thought was that we'd eat a big breakfast, which should hold us until we get ready to come home...and maybe we'd have to stop and get a cereal bar or something...and he plan worked!! We had scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, and choc-chip banana pancakes! Those pancakes were SO freakin good! I have made them once before, and they were just as good this time! It is a healthy recipe that I found on Pinterest! Only 178 calories in 2 of them!!

The first store we went to was Express. I had gone in and tried on pants since I had lost some weight, but that was after the first month...so I was ECSTATIC to fit into a 10! I haven't really shopped in Express in years. The last thing I bought in there were mentioned previously in this blog (my "stage 1" pants), and that was almost 4 years ago. Past that point, I did not feel like I was "up" for anything in that store. Today was different! My purpose was only to buy pants, so that is all that i tried on...I tried on their "Editor" and "Columnist" pants in a size 8. I told my shopping buddy, as I pulled up the first pair over my hips, "Cross your fingers!" AND THEY FIT!! I am a cheap-skate, so those pants were not on sale enough for me to buy them...I was just excited that they fit!!

Every store that we went in, I was a true 8! I was so excited to be in single digits again! I bought three pairs of pants and ALL of them were single digits!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thats an awesome feeling! Ur hard work paid off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I just have to keep it maintained...which I'm a little nervous about! That's why I'm going to keep doing the blog, just to keep me a little more "in" it.

    ReplyDelete